About Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in 2014 at Tula’s Institute, Dehradun as an accreditation quality measure. The IQAC has been constituted as per the recommendations of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The IQAC ensures the effective implementation of quality initiatives through continuous reviews and periodic meetings. The IQAC works towards attaining excellence in all academic and administrative endeavors of the institution.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
Internal quality assurance cell shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient, and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programs
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of the assessment and evaluation process
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance, and proper allocation of support structure and services
- Best Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad