The Mechanical Engineering department of Tula’s Institute offers a three-year diploma in Mechanical Engineering, approved by AICTE and affiliated to Uttarakhand Board of Technical Education, Roorkee. This branch applies engineering, physics, and material science concepts for design, manufacturing, operations, and maintenance of mechanical systems. The course consists of 6 semesters. The student’s progress is monitored semester wise through two Internal Sessional Exams and one End Semester Exam conducted by the Board of Technical Education, Roorkee, Uttarakhand.
- To develop the department as an innovation centre & centre of excellence to produce engineers with knowledge, skills and character.
- To impart high quality education to the students to develop technical skills and make them a competitive mechanical engineer.
- To promote inter-disciplinary research.
- To nurture students to excel professionally and personally to serve the society.
- To recruit world class faculties and improve their advance skills through appropriate training and development.
- PEO1 : Students are able to be skilled manpower for mechanical Production Industries.
- PEO2 : Produce quality junior engineers for government and local administration.
- PEO3 : Ability to pursue higher education.
- PO1 – Basic and Discipline Specific Knowledge : Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science & engineering fundamentals & engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- PO2 – Problem Analysis : Identify & analyse well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO3 – Design/ Development of Solutions : Design solutions for well-defined technical problems & assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specific needs.
- PO4 – Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing : Apply modern engineering tools & appropriate techniques to conduct standard tests & measurements.
- PO5 – Engineering Practices for Society, Sustainability and environment : Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment & ethical practices.
- PO6 – Project Management : Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects & effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- PO7 – Life-long learning : Ability to analyse individual needs & engage in updating in the context of technological changes
- PSO1 : Diploma students have ability to use & apply industrial mechanical machine tools such as welding, machining, grinding and carpentry.
- PSO2 : Diploma students have ability to demonstrate teamwork and life-long learning.
|1.||DIPLOMA - ME||3 years|
Passed 10th Std./ SSC examination. Obtained at least 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
|2.||DIPLOMA – ME (Lateral Entry)||2 Years|
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics/ Biology subject.OR
10+2 Science (with Mathematics as one of the Subject) or 10+2 Science with Technical Vocational subject.OR
10th + (2 years ITI) with appropriate Trade in that order shall be eligible for admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s) of appropriate Programme.
|991001||English and Communication Skills-I|
|991003||Applied Physics –I|
|991004||Applied Chemistry –I|
|991007||General Workshop Practice-I|
|992001||English and Communication Skills-II|
|992003||Applied Physics -II|
|992004||Applied Chemistry -II|
|992006||Engineering Graphics- II|
|GWP-II-1082||General Workshop Practice-II|
|PHYP-II-2003||Applied Physics-II- Lab|
|CHEMP-II-2004||Applied Chemistry-II- Lab|
|ESCP-II-2001||English and Communication Skills-II-Lab|
|3034||Material Science & Metallurgy|
|3038||Basic Electrical and Electronics|
|P-3038||Basic Electrical and Electronics lab|
|4035||Strength of Material|
|4036||Applied Thermal Engineering|
|4037||Basic Civil Engineering|
|4039||Hydraulic & Hydraulic Machines|
|P-4035||Strength of Material lab|
|P-4036||Applied Thermal Engineering lab|
|P-4037||Basic Civil Engineering lab|
|P-4038||Production Technology lab|
|P-4039||Hydraulic & Hydraulic Machines lab|
|5043||Dynamics of Machine|
|5044||Machine Element Design|
|5046||CNC Machines & Automation|
|PME 552||Theory of Machines & Design lab|
|PME 555||Heat and Mass Transfer|
|P-5046||CNC Machines & Automation lab|
|P-5047||Maintenance Engineering lab|
|P- 5042||CAD lab|
|6037||Advanced Machine Design|
|6039||Power Plant Engineering|
|7001||Entrepreneurship Development & Mgmt|
- Prominent Faculty Members
Name:- Amit Moray
Education:- B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D.(P)
Designation:- Assistant Professor
Experience:- 10 Years