About Civil Engineering
Tula’s Institute ensures that once the students have completed their under graduation in civil engineering, these graduates are highly demanded by the top MNCs and other globally renowned corporates. The corporate companies are always on a lookout for candidates who possess the abilities to understand and apply vision and creativity in addressing complex contemporary challenges. Tula’s Institute is the best civil engineering college in Dehradun. The Department of Civil Engineering (CE) at Tula’s Institute conducts fundamental and applied research to educate the students to create and develop industry leaders, and also to prepare students for careers in professional practice. Civil engineers work to sustain the natural environment while creating and maintaining the built environment. Civil engineers are essential to providing the necessities of human life, including water, air, shelter, the infrastructure, energy, and food in more efficient and renewable ways.
- To become a centre of Modern industrial skills and collaborative research work.
- To provides learning domain for Researchers in the field of innovation and Research.
- To develop the capacity of students to think inventively.
- Promote Researched based projects in area of construction, Transportation, Structural Engineering etc.
- To Built Industry Partnerships to share first hand practical knowledge & to see the real life working of the organizations.
- To develop High Academic Standards as entrepreneurship development.
Choose The Tula’s Experience
- PEO1 : Graduates will become licensed professional & accredited engineers to determine the solution of complex problems related to civil Engineering structures.
- PEO2 : After Graduating their new innovation will meet the expectations of employers of civil Engineering which serves as a relation building process between institutes and industry and also acquire leadership quality with strong communication and ethical values.
- PEO3 : Graduates will use new techniques, skills & modern engineering tools in conducting investigations by presenting constructive documentation that empower advancements in their profession and make them self dependent.
- PEO4 : Graduates will be able to analyze and communicate the impact of typical civil engineering solution in social and environmental issues & job training in the field of innovation and research engaged them in lifelong learning.
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis : Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of Solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems : Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long Learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1 : Develop Skills in Software tools to Design Civil Engineering Structures.
- PSO2 : Develop Skills for Employment in Government Sector and Projects.
- Geological Engineer
- Hydraulics Engineer
- Safety Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Highway Engineer
Course OverviewB.Tech Lateral (Civil Engineering)
|Course Type:||Under Graduate|
|Course Duration:||4 Years|
|Course Type :||Under Graduate|
|Course Duration :||3 Years|
"Civil Engineering is the practice of improving and maintaining the built environment to enhance the quality of life for the present and future generations."
Civil engineering involves the planning, design, and construction of the built environment and the provision of essential services and infrastructure. Civil engineers use their sophisticated understanding of these concepts to create solutions to improve the quality of life. Construction of the built environment, which includes structures, such as buildings, bridges, and tunnels, requires engineers at the forefront of technology with a breadth of knowledge and experience. Similarly, our transport systems, water supply, drainage systems, ports, and harbours are all examples of essential services where civil engineers are vital in providing the most effective way of interacting with the natural environment.
Our core mission is to educate both, inside and outside the classroom. Tula's Institute is a top civil engineering college Dehradun that offers undergraduate degree programs in the broad areas of infrastructure and environment. Our graduate programs provide limitless possibilities at the frontier of knowledge and innovation. To address some of the greatest challenges of our time, we use pioneering approaches that range from basic scientific principles to complex engineering design, at scales from the nano to the macro. We are defined by our singular strengths, collaborative synergies, and our commitment to excellence. We foster diversity of people, research and interests, and champion the careers of our students, research scholars, staff and faculty.
We focus on interactions between the built environment and the natural world and recognize that civil and environmental engineering is crucial to meet the major challenges faced by society; including climate change, economic recovery, growing population and urbanization, conservation of natural resources, development of renewable energy sources, sustainable transport, environmental quality and infrastructure ageing and resilience. Our graduates possess the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to lead society's response to these challenges.
TThe department’s intellectual focus is discovery and innovation to understand the world, invent and lead with creative design to sustain life and society in ever-changing environments. Emphasizing the use of quantitative approaches, civil engineering features two vibrant centres of gravity: environment, what exists as natural systems; and infrastructure, what is created by human activity.
Our faculty and staff are dedicated to educating our students such that they are best equipped to serve the nation and the world as professionals, scholars, academic leaders and entrepreneurs.
|BAST 101||Engineering Chemistry|
|BAST 103||English for Communication|
|BEET 101||Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|BCST 101||Fundamentals of Computers & Programming in C||PRACTICAL|
|BASP 101||Engineering Chemistry lab|
|BASP 103||English for Communication lab|
|BEEP 101||Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering lab|
|BCSP 101||Fundamentals of Computers & Programming in C|
|BMEP 101||Manufacturing Practices/Workshop|
|BASP 105||Swachh Bharat Summer Internship|
|BAST 104||Engineering Physics|
|BMET 102||Basic Mechanical Engineering|
|BCET 101||Basic Civil Engineering & Mechanics|
|BEST 101||Environmental Studies|
|BASP 104||Engineering Physics|
|BMEP 102||Basic Mechanical Engineering|
|BCEP 101||Basic Civil Engineering & Mechanics|
|BMEP 103||Engineering Graphics|
|BASP 106||Language lab & Seminars|
|BCET 302||Construction Materials|
|BCET 304||Building Planning & Architecture|
|BCET 305||Strength Of Materials|
|BCEP 304||Building Planning & Architecture|
|BCEP 305||Strength Of Materials|
|BCEP 306||Study Of Historical & Ancient Civil Engineering Practices|
|BASP 107||Evaluation Of Internship-I Completed At Year Level|
|BASP 307||90 Hrs Internship Based On Using Various Softwares- Internship-II|
|BCET 401||Energy & Environmental Engineering|
|BCET 402||Concrete Technology|
|BCET 403||Structural Analysis-I|
|BCET 404||Transportation Engineering -I|
|BCET 405||Engineering Geology & Remote Sensing|
|BCEP 402||Concrete Technology|
|BCEP 403||Structural Analysis-I|
|BCEP 404||Transportation Engineering -I|
|BCEP 405||Engineering Geology & Remote Sensing|
|BCEP 406||Software Lab|
|BCEP 407||90 Hrs Internship Based On Using Various Softwares- Internship-II|
|TCE 501||Design Of RC Element|
|TCE 502||Structural Analysis-2|
|TCE 504||Water Resource Engineering|
|TCE 505||Environmental Engineering -2|
|TCE 506||Soil Mechanics And Engg Geology|
|PCE 501||Structural Analysis Lab|
|PCE 502||Soil Mechanics Lab|
|TCE 601||Design Of RC Element|
|TCE 602||Design Of Steel|
|TCE 603||Foundation Engineering|
|TCE 604||Transportation Engineering|
|TCE 605||Theory & Application of GIS & GPS|
|TCE 606||Principles Of Management|
|TCE 606||Environmental Lab|
|TCE 606||Transportation Lab|
|TCE 701||Bridge Engineering|
|TCE 702||Transportation II|
|TCE 703||Seismology And Earthquake Engg.
- Elective -I
- Elective -II
|PCE 752||CAD Lab I|
|PCE 753||Industrial Interaction|
|PCE 852||CAD Lab II|
|1||Ground Water Engineering|
|2||Hydro Power Engineering|
|5||Advance Structural Design|
|6||Construction Planning & Management|
|7||Traffic Engineering And Management|
|8||Advance Highway Engineering|
|9||Digital Image Processing|
|10||Air & Water Pollution|
|11||Environmental Impact & Rick Management|
|12||Environmental Management & Sustainable Development|