BACHELOR OF JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATIONS - BAJMC
Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication is a three year interdisciplinary program in which students learn holistically about media and its various aspects. Students learn the underpinning theories related to media, its history, and its legal and ethical obligations. They also learn to frame news, design the headlines and outlet of the newspaper. Students are taught about the media laws, constitution and other relevant laws which are required in public life as a Journalist. Apart from it, program also nurtures creative aspects of students that includes photography, film-making, editing and other aspects of visual story telling like screen writing and story boarding. Students who aspire to develop their taste in the field of advertising & public relations get to learn about history and theories related to respective field. Subjects like Development Communication, Visual Communication & Media research are also taught to the students.
In addition, the program not only develops media related skills but also enriches students to provide pervasive understanding of media and its function’s historicity and totality.
The Department conducts outdoor photography walks, educational excursions, movie screenings followed by discussions, random extempore, interactive sessions from industry experts and extracurricular activities which enrich students’ social engagements.
Apart from it, students are engaged with diverse communities like media fraternity, cultural groups, regional artists, film stars, award winning athletes and reformers via different modes of engagement.
- Qualified Faculty members from all verticals of Journalism & Mass communication
- State of the art Electronic Media Production Centre (EMPC)
- Tie ups with prominent media houses
- In-house Newspaper publication and Electronic Media News dissemination platforms to facilitate students with industrial exposure before entering into job market
- Preparation of professionals for the different media fields which would work closely with different stakeholders of civil society, media, and other democratic institutions, thereby contributing prominently towards overall national and regional development.
- Evaluate an understanding of social concepts and principles of social science and other fields.
- Hypothesize and define problems and opportunities in the realm of media and communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify social problems, isolate its key components, analyze and assess the salient issues, draw appropriate conclusions & implications for proposed experiments.
- Devise the use of appropriate ways to effectively manage contemporary social prospects.
- Resolving and recommend next generation mass media tools.
- PSO1 : Developing an understanding about the importance of mass media in the society.
- PSO2 : Simulating the crucial role played by print media in society and diverse concepts, elements and sources of the media industry.
- PSO3 : Highlighting different forms of reporting and news writing with a thorough speculation of the structure of writing for the media.
- PSO4 : Defining various aspects of editing and the intricacies involved in the various paraphrases of the media.
- Global centre of excellence in the communication arena.
- To develop national and international leaders in the field of media.
- To impart technology-driven education where students use the technology and skills to communicate socio-political value in society,
- To study and understand the diversity of society to create a culturally diverse and democratic society.
- To facilitate and promote media research so as to understand media and its effect in continuously changing scenarios.
- Candidate should be 12th passed or equivalent course in any discipline from any recognized Board / Council with minimum 45% marks for general (open) category and 40% marks for students of SC and ST category.
- Age Requirement: The minimum age requirement for BAJMC is 17 years.
|BJMC 101||Introduction to Communication|
|BJMC 102||Mass Media Writing|
|BJMC 103||Journalism –An Introduction|
|BJMC 104||Basics of Computers|
|BJMC 201||History of Print & Broadcasting in India|
|BJMC 202||Reporting and Editing for Print|
|BJMC 203||Socio-Economic & Political Scenario|
|BJMC 204||Basics of Design & Graphics|
|BJMC 301||Photo Journalism|
|BJMC 302||Advertising and Public Relations|
|BJMC 303||Radio Journalism and Production|
|BJMC 304||New Media|
|BJMC 401||Introduction to Cinema|
|BJMC 402||Development Communication|
|BJMC 403||Media Law|
|BJMC 404||Reporting and Editing for Broadcasting|
|BJMC 501||Contemporary Issues|
|BJMC 502||Online Journalism|
|BJMC 503||Media Management|
|BJMC 504||Digital Video Editing|
|BJMC 601||Print Media Production|
|BJMC 602||Radio and Television Production|
|BJMC 604||Comprehensive Vive-Voice|
|Name:- Tauseef Iqbal Education:- Master's in Mass Communication, Ph.D. (P) Experience:- 8 Years Designation: - Assistant Professor Specialization: Film Studies, Radio Production & Photography|
|Name:- Neeraj Kotiyal Education:- Bachelors & Masters in media and communication studies Experience:- 2 years Designation: - Assistant Professor Specialization: Radio / Advertising and Public relations|
|Name:- Aditya Kumar Education:- Master's in Mass Communication Experience:- 2 Years 5 Months Designation: - Assistant Professor Specialization: Development Communication|
|Name:- Ankit Ghildiyal Education:- Ph.D. (p) Experience:- 1 Year Designation: - Assistant Professor Specialization: Journalism and Mass Communication (New Media) Publications:- 3|
Pixel Party: Journalism & Mass Communication department runs their film club in the campus. The film’s club name is ‘Pixel Party’. The club frequently screen thought provoking films & Documentaries and engage students in post screening discussions on aesthetic & social aspect of the cinema.
- Vibgyor and Victree
An individual with the BJMC degree possesses the ability to comprehend society, market, and governance in all its historicity and social cultural variations in addition to an individual with efficient communication skills.
It also cultivates creative instincts in the students to produce meaningful media content for information, awareness and entertainment of both popular and high culture. Department of Journalism & Mass Communication at Tula’s provides adequate infrastructure to prepare students for all sorts of media engagement and research. The department provides state of the art Electronic Media & production Centre with an enriched library and suitable environment.
Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication is a program that can be treated as a lifestyle in itself. A person intensely involved with the program learns a lot of important aspects of life. Important questions of life are as:
- How to decide, Whom to vote?
- How governmental and non-governmental institution functions?
- How to develop taste of good art & culture?
- What has thousand years of history brought to mankind?
- How civilizations evolved?
- What could be called a good cinema? Which music is better?
- What is justice?
- What could be called a good literature?
These questions may appear beyond the scope of curriculum but knowing answers to these questions add certain aesthetic upheaval to life which makes life beautiful.
Students can choose to excel in range of career options after pursuing Journalism & Mass Communication Course. One can become Editor, Journalist at Print, electronic & New Media Platforms in their chosen beat. Students can also make their career in Advertising, Public Relations industry. Students may also study & acquire skills required to carry communication for development and can make career in development sector where range of communication related jobs are available including UNDP & UNESCO Jobs, Jobs in different government departments and in leading NGOs.
Apart from these lucrative career options, aspirant can also aspire to become photographer, film maker, radio jockey, Cinematographer & print designer.
There are dozens of other career option in Mass Communication for example one can become film critic, Communication associate, academician, Media Researcher, Event Manager, Video Editor, freelancer, Copy writer, Photo Journalist, graphic designer, Voice artists, anchor, etc.