Industrial Training from IIT Roorkee
Two students from civil 4th year went to IIT ROORKEE for industrial training under the guidance of and co-guidance MR.GURPREET SINGH WALIA HOD CIVIL. They did their training on TRAFFIC ANALYSIS in which they studied about the ‘DILEMMNA ZONE’ .It is a zone when clearance intervals are not properly timed, drivers may be forced to choose between abruptly stopping or running the red light. This is a situation, in which neither decision is satisfactory, occurs at a location on the intersection approach known as the dilemma zone.
Industrial Training from NTPC
One student from civil 4th year did his industrial training from NTPC where he explores different aspects of civil engineering site work. related to design, construction and maintenance of buildings. They utilize the available resources (expertise, materials, manpower) to complete the project in the given time span keeping in view the time, expenditure, environmental issues and physical hazards of the project.
Industrial training from C& C CONSTRUCTION LIMITED
Students from civil 4th year did analysis of PILE FOUNDATION under C & C GROUP OF CONSTRUCTION where they learned basic concept and advanced technology introduced in construction of pile foundation and they also studied behavior of pile under the load, they have also done test on bearing capacity of pile group.
1. MS.SHILPA SHARMA, ASST PROFESSOR OF CIVIL ENGG DEPARTMENT IN TULA’S INSTITUTE attended a conference conducted by AUTODESK in MUMBAI where she learned about the advance technology introduced in AUTOCAD.
2. MS.SHILPA SHARMA, ASST PROFESSOR OF CIVIL ENGG DEPARTMENT IN TULA’S INSTITUTE attended seminar on VIRTUAL LAB conducted by UTU.
3. MR.RAHUL SILORI, ASST PROFESSOR OF CIVIL ENGG DEPARTMENT IN TULA’S INSTITUTE attended an international workshop on “Best practices in Waste management and Climate change” conducted by UTU.
4. MR.GURPREET SINGH WALIA, HEAD OF DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGG DEPARTMENT IN TULA’S INSTITUTE attended 2-days learning conference held in Delhi and was conducted by BENTLEY.
5. MR.GURPREET SINGH WALIA, HEAD OF DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGG. DEPARTMENT IN TULA’S INSTITUTE attended a workshop over E-WASTE MANAGEMENT in UPES.
6. MR.GURPREET SINGH WALIA, HEAD OF DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGG DEPARTMENT IN TULA’S INSTITUTE attended SEMINAR over VIRTUAL LAB conducted by UTU.
List of papers published by Civil Engineering Department
1. Sudhir Angithi. S.K.Khanna, Vigyan Pragati, 1973 (12) Page 579.
2. Relative performance of Recuperative Domestic stove and conventional stove S.K. Khanna. Research & Industry 1975. Vol.20 no. 1, page 1719.
3. Gobar Gas Plant. S.K.Khanna Science reporter. April 1975, page 186.
4. Use of Diesel in Domestic stove. S.K.Khanna, S.Q. Mehdi and P.N. Bhambi. Indian Journal of Technology) 1978, page 16539-541.
5. Fuel with respect to their intensive value. S.K.Khanna, A.K. Saha Institution of Engineers (INDIA). Vol.64 CH 1 Oct1983.
6. Scope of Petroleum Fuel Conservation in Domestic Appliances. PN Bhambi, AL Arora, K.N.Dobhal, KS Kambo and SK.Khanna, Silver Jubilee workshop of fuel Conservation IIT.Bombay, Dec.1982.
7. Combustion Improvement by Burner Adjustment. K.M.Aggarwal. S.K Khanna. T.N.Singh and PN Bhambi. 8th National conference of I.C. Engine and Combustion, Trivendrum 1983.
8. Performance Characteristics of Industrial Burner. SK Khanna. TN Singh. 1st National Convention of Chemial Engineers. Institution of Engineers (INDIA) Feb.1986.
9. New Concept of Fuels with respect to their intensive value SK.Khanna, AK Saha 1st National Convention of Chemical Engineers, Institution of Engineers, Feb.1986.
10. Submerged Combustion Burner, SK Khanna, XIIth National Conference on I.C Engine and Combustion, IIP, Dehradun, Sept.1992.
11. Better Economy through Energy saving in Reheating furnaces. TN Singh. KM Aggarwal and SK Khanna, XIIth National Conference on I.C.Engine and combustion. Pune. Dec.1995.
12. Recent Development in Small Industrial Burner Technology using Petroleum Fuels, HK Madan, PN Bhambi and SK Khanna, European conference on small Burner Technology, Switzerland, Sept.1996.
13. Separation of asphaltenes and their influence on the Rhealogical properties of some crude oils. SK.Khanna. etal 12th LAWPSP Symposium. IIT, Mumbai. Feb.2-4.2001.
14. Rheological characteristics of some Indian crude oils in relation to their respective components SK Khanna, etal Petroleum & Coal. 43, 2,419-123, Dec.2001.
15. Molecular weight & polydispersity of asphaltic components separated from some Indian crude oils. S.K.Khanna, Etal Petroleum Coal, 44,1-2 Jan,2002.
16. Characterization of asphaltic material present in some Indian crude oils. SK Khanna, Etal National Symposium on advanced Instrumental Methods of Analysis (AIMA-2002) DAV College Dehradun, June 7-8, 2002.