Bachelor of Computer Applications
BCA is a three-year bachelor’s degree program in computer applications. The need for computer professionals is constantly rising globally due to the rapid expansion of the IT industry.
As the IT industry expands, this creates more career options for computer applications graduates. It is one of the most sought-after courses for students hoping to break into the IT industry.
A wide range of computer/ mobile software development and application development, is a part of curriculum in the program. Learning new skills and taking advantage of opportunities will certainly be an excellent benefit for students of this program.
Students who complete the programme will have a strong academic foundation in computer skills and applications, laying the groundwork for further advancement in the field.
The institute aims to provide students with both theoretical and practical training in computation, computer languages, programming, and computer architecture.
Computer software and its applications are now essential to almost every industry/organization. Computer science advances are impacting every industry/organization and as a result, there is an ever-increasing demand for computer application graduates. Faculty members in the department of computer application, of our institute, strive to create the best professionals possible by providing a conducive environment for study and research in various fields of computer science.
- Industry-led & Practice Based Curriculum.
- Content Delivery & Mentoring by Professionally Trained Faculty & Industry Experts by conducting Guest Lectures/ Expert Talks.
- Value Added Courses/ Add On Certifications/ Short Term Courses (STC) for all round development of the students.
- Alumni database of 200+ alumni currently working with MNC’s and Government Institutions/Sectors.
- Practical oriented teaching with hands on experience (Project Based Learning and Industrial Visits).
- PO1 – Take Thinking : Take informed action after identifying the assumptions that frame our thinking and action, checking out the degree to which these assumptions are accurate and valid, and looking at our ideas and decisions (intellectual, organizational, and personals) from different perspectives.
- PO2 – Effective Communication : Speak, read, write and listen clearly in person and thought electronics media in English and in one Indian Language, and make meaning of the world by connecting people, ideas, book, media and technology.
- PO3 – Social Interaction : Elicit views of others, mediate disagreements and help reach conclusion in group settings.
- PO4 – Effective Citizenship : Demonstrate empathetic social concern and equity national development, and the ability to act with an informed awareness of issues and participate in civic life through volunteering.
- PO5 – Ethics : Recognize different values system including your own, understand the moral dimension of your decisions, and accept responsibility for them.
- PO6 – Environment and Sustainability : Understand the issues of environmental contexts and sustainable development.
- PO7 – Self-Directed and Life-Long Learning : Acquire the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context socio-technologies changes.
- PSO 1 : Ability to build and perform career in data management and support IT industry.
- PSO 2 : Develop skills to design industry software and applications
- To become centre of excellence in software development and research.
- To induce ethical values and spirit of social commitment.
- To provide a learning ambience to enhance innovations and problem solving skills.
- To provide a comprehensive education, benchmarked against the highest global standards.
- To Collaborate with software industry and adopting technology for achieving quality of technical education.
- To promote research based projects / activities in the emerging areas of technology convergence
Passed XII or equivalent course in any discipline from any recognized Board / Council / University with minimum 45% marks for general (open) category and 40% marks for students of SC and ST category.
|BCA 101||Programming in ‘C’|
|BCA 102||Fundamental of Computers|
|BCA 103||Mathematical foundation of Computer Science|
|BCA 104||Business Communications|
|BCAP 11||Programming in ‘C’|
|BCAP 12||PC Packages (Introduction to Operating system & MS Office)|
|BCA 201||Data Structure & File Organization|
|BCA 202||Programming in C++|
|BCA 203||System Analysis and Design|
|BCA 204||Digital Electronics|
|BCAP 21||Data Structure & File Organization|
|BCAP 22||Programming in C++|
|BCA 301||Computer Based Numerical Techniques|
|BCA 302||Data Base Management System|
|BCA 303||Theory of Computation|
|BCA 304||Organization Structure and Personnel Management|
|BCAP 31||Computer Based Numerical Techniques|
|BCAP 32||Data Base Management System|
|BCA 401||Operating system Organization & UNIX|
|BCA 402||Visual Basic Programming|
|BCA 403||Software Engineering|
|BCA 404||Data Communication & Computer Networks|
|BCAP 41||Operating System Organization & UNIX|
|BCAP 42||Visual Basic Programming|
|BCA 501||Computer Graphics|
|BCA 502||Web Programming using JAVA|
|BCA 503||Management Information System|
|BCA 504||.NET Technology|
|BCAP 51||Web Programming using JAVA|
|BCAP 52||.NET Technology|
|BCA 601||.Net Framework|
|BCA 602||Network Security|
|BCAP 61||.NET Framework|
Dr. R.B. Singh
Email id: [email protected]
Head of Departments
Greetings! On behalf of the faculty members, staff, and students of the Department of Computer Application at Tula’s Institute, Dehradun, I welcome you all to the creative world of computer application. The Department has a team of well qualified and experienced faculty members. The Department lays maximum stress on student outcomes through industry based curriculum, effective teaching learning methods and counselling of students through Mentor-Mentee Program.
I believe the computer application discipline has been widely recognized as an essential source and technique for the advancements in software industry. We prepare our students to meet increasing global challenges of ever evolving technologies so as to make them acceptable to both industries and higher institution of learning. In Tula’s Institute all the students get the opportunity to excel in their academic activities.
Some job titles are listed here:
- Computer Programmer
- Software Developer
- Web Designer
- Database Administrator
- Web/Multimedia Programmer
- Software Consultant
- Technical Writer
- System Analyst
Student perform various internship programs, Short term courses, Add on courses for their advancement in the field.
BCA students in addition to their curriculum may opt for specialization in various field such as Cyber security, data sciences, AI& ML etc.
After the completion of this program, the students have the option to grow in one of the following fields:
GIS (Geographic Information Systems)