Electronics and ICT Academy (E&ICT) at IIT Roorkee (funded by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology) aims to enrich and upgrade teaching and research competences of engineering faculties of institutes/colleges by conducting courses and workshops in fundaments as well as emerging areas of E&ICT and enabled areas. The programs are conducted by well-known industry partners, resource persons from leading academia and experts from renowned R&D organizations.
Activities of the Academy
Specialized training on basic and advanced level topics with hands-on experience in the emerging areas of Electronics & ICT. Setup the activity centers to conduct FDPs locally at institutes/colleges. Curriculum development for the industry. Continuing Education Programme for students/working professionals. Design, develop and delivery of specialized modules for specific research areas in industry.
Objective of the Course
- Create and understand HDL Design using FPGA.
- Implement sequential and combinational design using Xilinx Vivado Tool.
- Xilinx Design Constraints.
- Debugging using Vivado Logic Analyzer cores.
- Simple Hardware Design.
- Adding Peripherals in Programmable Logic.
- Project implementation like UART & Traffic Light Controller.
Benefits and Outcomes of the Course
- Create and debug HDL designs.
- Configure FPGA architecture features, such as Clock Manager, using the Architecture Wizard.
- Pinpoint design bottlenecks using the reports.
- Utilize synthesis options to improve performance.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Upgrade the lab facilities in the parent institutes in areas of FPGA based design, image processing, wireless communications etc.
- Guide/Mentor the students to seek opportunities in application specific integrated circuits (ASIC), Electronics design automation(EDA), speech recognition, test & measurements etc.
Lab Platform/Boards to Used
- XILINX VIVADO system edition
- ZedBoard ZynqTM-7000 Development Board
Last Date For Online Registration : 15th Sep 2017
Last Date For Receiving Application : 16th Sep 2017
Last Date for Registration: Sep. 18th, 2017
Seats: 40 seats on first-cum-first-serve basis
Duration: 2 days, 15 hours
Payment Details: Demand draft drawn in favor of “Dean SRIC IIT Roorkee” payable at Roorkee
Accommodation: Available if required in the institute.
- Faculty Members: Rs. 1,000/-
- Research scholars: Rs. 500/-
- Persons from Industry: Rs. 3,000/-
- Dr. Pramod Kumar (Director, Tula’s Institute)
- Dr. B.P. Das (Assistant Professor, ECE Dept, IITR)
- Dr. Sanjeev Manhas (P.I., E&ICT Academy, ECE Dept, IITR)
- Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +91-1332-286457, +91-7078627392
- The program is split into lectures and labs sessions.
- Hands-on experience on basic & advanced-level topics.
- Interaction & learning with experts from academia & industry.
- Certificates to the participants by E&ICT Academy IITR.
- Vivado Design Flow.
- Xilinx Vivado Tool Flow with FPGA based coding technique.
- Xilinx Design Constraints.
- Timing constraints and perform the timing analysis.
- Vivado Logic Analyzer cores to debug/analyze system behavior.
- IP Integrator to develop a basic embedded system for a target board.
- Extend the hardware system by adding AXI peripherals from the IP catalog.
- IP Integrator and Embedded system design flow.
Who Can attend?
Program is open to faculty members/research scholars/PG students from colleges/universities, and industry personnel working in the concerned/allied discipline.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Make Payment
Step 2: Participants may fill registration form through Academy website (http://eict.iitr.ac.in).
Step 2: Send a duly filled-in registration form along with Demand Draft to Academy address. Mr. Prateek Sharma, EICT Academy, ECE Department, IIT Roorkee-247667